One Year InternshipBack to Culture
MBB is seeking an intern to join our diverse, design-focused architecture firm in New York City.
We are looking for individuals entering their penultimate or final year of an architectural degree program. The position is a paid internship and offers individuals exposure to planning, design, detailing and construction administration.
We are a woman-owned, award-winning, interdisciplinary team—including architects, sustainability specialists, and interior designers. Our collaborative practice is driven by a shared vision of inclusive and sustainable design, technical innovation, and rigorous, research-driven decision-making. We have a diverse body of work including institutional, cultural, residential, and educational projects across a range of scales and are committed to creating architecture that elevates the human experience.
We nurture a collaborative studio environment where architects and designers can hone their skills, expand their knowledge, and make positive contributions to the built environment and the communities we serve.
Internship Responsibilities Include:
- Product research as well as general office tasks
- Attending general office, project meetings, and site visits
- Working with Interior Designer to maintain and update materials library
- Drawing details for construction documents using Revit/AutoCAD
- Developing presentation materials using 3d modeling software
- Developing marketing material using render software and Adobe suite
Internship Professional Development Support Include:
- Informational learning sessions in Design Sustainability, Architecture, and Interior Design
- Informational learning sessions for NCARB and ARE
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Please indicate on your cover letter details relating to your work authorization status.
The internship will run from September 2023 – May 2024, however, start and end dates are negotiable. This is an in-office internship. Please email a letter of interest, your resume, and a pdf of work samples that highlight your design abilities including academic work (maximum of ten pages) to email@example.com. Please include “One-Year Internship” in the subject line. No phone calls please.