Jeffrey MurphyFAIA | LEED AP | Partner email@example.com
Turning constraints into opportunities, Jeffrey Murphy leads the planning and design of multi-dimensional, complex projects. His award-winning work for cultural and educational institutions shows how sustainable design can enrich the beauty, function, and performance of architecture.
As a founding partner, Jeffrey melds bold design vision with a commitment to addressing diverse stakeholder needs and interests. From greening historic buildings to planning campus-wide sustainability upgrades, he synthesizes technical, cultural, economic, and health criteria. His expansive definition of sustainability includes not only high-performance building systems, but also creating places that people love and care for over generations.
Jeffrey earned a Master of Architecture degree from the Harvard Graduate School of Design and a Bachelor of Science in Architecture degree from the University of Virginia. At Harvard he received the Aga Khan Program for Islamic Architecture Research Fellowship and the post-graduate Wheelwright Prize. He has served as director for the Harvard Alumni Association and a trustee of the UVA School of Architecture Foundation.
Cultivating architecture’s civic role, Jeffrey has held Board, Secretary, and several committee positions with the New York Chapter of the American Institute of Architects. He has served as a board member of Community District 7 in Manhattan and as a member of the Zoning Board of Appeals for the Village of Saltaire, New York. He also teaches an undergraduate course on sustainable design methods at New York University.
Jeffrey was elected to the College of Fellows of the American Institute of Architects in 2016.
- Arcat Detailed Podcast | April 2023Trinity Church Wall Street
- Faith & Form | September 2019Cathedral of Sustainability
- Architect | May 2019Notre-Dame’s recovery is about stewardship, say architects and historians
- Retrofit Magazine | July 2019Landmark Cathedral Goes Green
- Architectural Record | January 2018Continuing Education: Active Design
- Crain's | April 2018As DC Retreats, NY Goes All-in on Energy Efficiency
- New York Times | March 2018The New, Green Pride of St. Patrick's Cathedral is Underground